Swaying with the whistling breeze,
Spreading your charm;
You fulfill wilderness dreams, giving memories warm.
Birds, animals and honey bees cherish your nectar,
They come to visit you from lands afar;
Laden with beauty and healer are you,
Life support system for many though.
The fallen petals on the forest floor,
Create a mystical hue;
A path painted red,
leading somewhere, I have no clue!!!
Here comes spring and the season of flowering begins;
Shades of yellow, white and pink in the forests;
Alongwith rhododendron flowering
It’s Valentine’s Day!!
Some gift roses, some gift tulips;
Some geraniums, jasmine too.
But he gifted me Rhododendrons; flowering high up above the tree;
He climbed up the trees to fetch the flowers especially for me.
Red Rhododendrons filled with love, so beautiful are you thee!!!
PS Due to global climate change, early blooming of Rhododendrons was observed in the lesser Himalayas (Landour, Mussoorie). The Rhododendrons are usually are in full bloom during the month of March , but this year they started flowering since the end January. Climate change will have adverse affect on the pollination ecology alongwith bird and insect behaviour.
Like, share and follow. 🙂
©All images and content are subjected to copyright
© 2022 chandrimadebi http://www.chandrimadebi.com
- Trees in my grandma’s courtyard: Urban homestead garden
- Butterflies of Landour 1: Indian tortoise shell butterfly
- Nature shelters: Different species of Ferns on same Oak tree
- Forestry for Kids: Learning Soil thermodynamics in outdoor education
- Fairy Cup Mushrooms in the hillside of Landour, Mussoorie : Forestry for kids